DATES: 6/21 (Travel); competition 6/22-25
PLAYER FEE: $600. Payment is due in full by 4/28 or in two installments: 3/28- $300; 4/28- $300.
*Player fee covers VF entry fee, AAU member (player/coaches), Team flight to AZ (player/coaches), Return flight (coaches), Hotel (coaches).
Team Flight to Phoenix: Southwest #3219 leaves Midway 10:35am, arrives Phoenix 12:10pm.
*The Team flight to Phoenix is part of the Player Fee for the tournament.
*Extra seats are available on a first come, first serve basis for family members if you’d like to join us. Cost per seat is $217.00. Payment for “extra seats” is due in full by Feb 28th.
*Use Volleyball Festival Travel form to confirm the Player seat on Team Flight and any extra seats for family members. This form is due by Feb 8th so we can make our first deposit so we and confirm our seat # with Southwest. View the Volleyball Festival Flight Roster to confirm that your seat request is accurate.
*FYI- We take the Light Rail from the Airport to downtown Phoenix and coaches return to the Airport the same way on the 25th. Cost is approx. $2 each way.
Return Flight to Illinois: This is the responsibility of the families. The return flight is not part of the Player Fee since many families continue to vacation plans.
*The coaches will return on the following flight- 6/25- Southwest #3149 leaves PHX 7:50pm, arrives Midway 1:10am.
*If you plan to return on 6/25 with your daughter, DO NOT book a flight before 6:30pm or 7pm. Competition on the final day is guaranteed and can go late in the day.
Hotel Accommodations: Players will stay with their parents or another family, this is not included in the Player Fee. Coaches will be in the same hotel.
*We’ve booked a block of rooms at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown for the team. The hotel is walkable from the Light Rail from the airport and about 3 blocks from the Convention Center so car rental is not needed unless you prefer it.
*Booking deadline for our block of rooms is Sat, Feb 18th by 12:01am EST.
*How to reserve your room at the Sheraton.
-Click on this link- (Do not try to book through the Hotel itself)
-Enter Group Block Code: HYH-BC1
-Hotel info: Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Sheraton Phoenix Downtown 340 North 3rd Street Phoenix AZ 85004
-Room Type: 2 Double Beds; Rate: $173.00
– Hotel Amenities: Phoenix Convention Center – 0.4 miles, Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Self Parking: $12 per day (subject to change), Valet Parking: $36 per day (subject to change), Check in – 4:00 PM Check out – 11:00 AM, **3 Night Minimum Required** *2 night room and tax deposit due 5/18/23 – Non-refundable *Changes, cancellations, and no shows after 5/18/23 will be subject to additional fees
– If you have any issues you can contact Traveling Teams at 866-468-3268 Ext. 808 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The information below will be further updated as information becomes available.
- Pack your uniform/warm-ups/shoes/ball in your backpack to take on the plane and stow under your seat. Southwest allows one free carry-on or you can check it at Midway.
- *If you want to deflate your ball to save space, coach eswill have a pump to use in AZ.
- Checked luggage- casual wear for off time, extra pair of comfortable shoes, bathing suit/sun screen (provided coach will allow pool time), medication/inhaler and personal items. Players will be in uniform most of the trip or just need shorts/top and a jacket for restaurants so please pack light. *Convention Center & indoor restaurants are typically cold.
- Please let us know asap if your daughter has any allergies or special medications that we should be aware of. We carry small first aid kits with common items like Advil/Tylenol, Antacids, etc and will dispense as needed unless you tell us differently.
- Spending money- players will need money for meals a day, Gatorade/water and tournament shirts, etc if they choose. Convention Center has a food court but as always Gatorade/water are expensive there so please plan ahead on those items if you can.
TRAVEL TO AZ
- Wed, 6/21 Team Flight SW#3219 leaves Midway 10:35am, arrives Phoenix 12:10pm. The Team flight to Phoenix is part of the Player Fee for the tournament. We have 35 seats available on the Team flight for players/family. See information at top of page for confirming a seat.
- Wed, 6/21- all players should wear their blue practice shirt and pullover to the airport.
- Team will meet outside by the Southwest door at Midway by 8:30am to check-in & proceed to the gate as a group. *We will check-in the Team flight on 6/20 and get boarding positions for everyone but you’ll still have to use the kiost at the airport to get your boarding pass.
- Team flight roster- will be available after 2/9/23
- Wed, 6/21 Team Flight SW#3219 leaves Midway 10:35am, arrives Phoenix 12:10pm.
- *Players do not need ID for the airport. It’s only required of 18 & older adults.
- Team will take Light Rail to Van Buren-Central Ave Station. The Sheraton is a block and half walk.
- Players will be responsible for carrying their backpack and suitcase so pack light.
- PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A CAR AND MIGHT BE ABLE TO SHOP COSTCO OR TARGET FOR GATORADE/WATER, etc FOR THE TEAMS ON 6/21.
- Parents- we may also need your help with meals at the Convention Center or placing orders for teams at the end of the day to save time. It’s very much appreciated.
- We will take charge of the teams once they arrive at Midway regardless of whether players are traveling with family. Players are expected to adhere to all team schedules, meeting times and activities.
- We’re typically the only club from IL so please make sure you represent IPV and IL well and show respect for others in the hotel and all other areas.
- Your coach will set guidelines, meeting times, lights out and rules for your team. Four days of competition is a LOT of volleyball and getting enough sleep, hydration and healthy food is a must to be successful.
- Players are not allowed at any time to go off on their own whether it be in the hotel, outside or the Convention Center. Please use the buddy system and make sure that your coach knows where you are at all times.
- Sheraton Phoenix Downtown- 340 N Third St. (#3 on the map)
- Light Rail station to the left of Westin on the map.
- Convention Center is B on the map.
- The Arizona Center (to right of Sheraton) has several restaurant options. https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g31310-d1147292-Sheraton_Phoenix_Downtown-Phoenix_Arizona.html
Restaurants near the Convention Center.
- They will most likely off online purchase options- TBA
- Playing Waves: am start
- Modified Festival Format. All teams play all 4 days of the event.
- All teams play between 9 and 14 matches.
- All teams play at least 2 matches on Day 4.
- First 3 rounds are pool play, Days 4 is either pool play or bracket play depending how team has performed.
- All matches best of 3 sets (2 sets to 25, deciding set to 15)
- No Tie-Break matches or sets will be played.
- View 2023 Tie-Break Procedures. TBA
- Teams have normal officiating assignments.
- 2nd Referee must be a Qualified Adult Coach or Assistant Coach.
- Players call 2 lines and keep score (flip score, BallerTV iPad, scoresheet and libero tracking).
- All matches are at the Phoenix Convention Center Upper Halls a-E- 100 N 3rd St, Phoenix, AZ 85004. “B” on Phoenix map.
- Schedules & Results posted on AES. TBA
- Baller TV will tape all the competition if you’re at home and want to see the action.
2022 VF COURT MAPS– use as an example, they may change for 2023
-We will check in the Team Flight on 6/20.
-Meet by the drop off door for Southwest at Midway at at pre-set time.
-Print boarding passes, proceed as a team to gate.
-Once arrive in Phoenix, the group will proceed to the Light Rail to Phoenix- approx. 20 minute trip.
-Light Rail tickets are $2 for adults, $1 for kids and purchased at kiosks at the airport.
-We’ll have about a 2-3 block walk to the hotel. Hopefully we can secure the luggage there so we can get lunch.
-We may schedule a practice at the Convention Center before dinner so players can acclimate the courts.
-We’ll have dinner out or delivered to the hotel.
-We’ll need help from the parents to make meal arrangements for the team during the trip. Please let us know if you are willing to help and/or if any of you will have access to a car and could pick up water/Gatorade for the team.
-The tournament has a Welcome Party at the Convention Center around 6:30pm for the teams, then we’ll return to the hotel for the night.
6/22-Competition begins and continues through 6/25. All competition is at the Phoenix Convention Center and is within walking distance of the hotel.
- Players will pack up on 6/25 and just keep what they need in their backpack. Unless parents make other arrangements, baggage will go to the Convention Center with the player the final day.
- Coaches will head to the airport on the Light Rail once play is complete. Families traveling on our team flight going home are welcome to join us. If we have enough time we usually stop for a meal before leaving for the airport.
- Players will go with their parents once play in complete on the final day.
RETURN FLIGHT to IL
- Sun, 6/25- Coaches will fly out on Southwest #3149 leaves Phoenix 7:50pmpm, arrives Midway 1:10am.
- *We’ll check-in the group flight and get boarding positions for everyone.
- DO NOT BOOK A RETURN FLIGHT BEFORE 6:30PM ON 6/25. Play can go late on the final day.