More info will be added as becomes available…
Teams/Dates: 14HP/14A/16HP/16A/17HP/18HP/18A-June 12-14
13HP/12W?- June 15-16
Player JVA Form: Each player must turn in a completed copy of the JVA Release of Liability Form in order to compete. Forms are due to your coach by Friday, May 15th.
Click here to confirm our receipt of your form.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday June 12-13-14 is pool play for day one and two and elimination brackets day three. Each team is guaranteed 7 matches—3 each the first two days and then single elimination
begins with bracket play on day three where you will compete until eliminated or win the
championship of your division!
June 15-16 is a two-day format. Day one is pool play and day two is bracket elimination play.
*On the final day of competition in each session, all teams must be prepared for an 8:00
am start as bracket play depends on seeding and results from preliminary rounds. There is no
“wave play” on the final day of each session.
Waves: “AM Wave” is from 8 am until 2 pm and the “PM WAVE” is from 2:30 pm until about 8:30 pm.
Fri/Sat- am start:
Mon- am start: 1
Playing Site: Festival Hall at Navy Pier- 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago
Navy Pier Map
*No outside chairs or coolers permitted.
*Seating provided around the courts. Do not move chairs.
Parking: Navy Pier
3. Go to www.spothero.com and find a place within walking distance at private garages, a common app people use in many cities.
4. Take public transportation. Taxi & Uber/Lyft options are available at Navy Pier. There is also a free Trolley that goes to various downtown sites & Union Station during peak times. Check Trolley site for info- may not be available on weekdays. *Note: not available from train station for 7am arrivals. Use taxi or Uber/Lyft for early transportation.
5. CAR POOL, CAR POOL, CAR POOL to share cost of parking
6. Also, remember you can drop off guests free by driving onto the Pier and dropping passengers off
7. Leave your car overnight at Navy Pier lot and save money if you are staying at a hotel on double parking!
Hotels: The club does not book a block of rooms for this event but the tournament does offer Tournament rates at area hotels. See info at https://www.midwestjrvolleyball.com/hotel-registration
General Admission Tickets:
*Players/coaches receive credentials for free admission.
Daily tickets are available for purchase at the door for $15 or 3-day for $40; 2-day (13HP only) for $25. Kids 12 & Under are free.
Advance purchase ticket information will be posted here and sent to teams once available. Prices are 3-day for $35; 2-day for $20. Tickets (bracelets) will be distributed at practice when they arrive. Tickets are bracelets (a different color for each; not interchangeable).
*Click here to confirm receipt of order & payment for Advance tickets
Recruiting: University Athlete
Please check the posting /results area and AES for updates on the final day of play on which divisions are eligible for awards
•Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd (both semifinal losers) in the top gold division of each age grouping -only players and head coach present will be given awards
•Player Medals will be awarded to the winners of the other Division brackets (1stplace only) in Silver, Bronze, Copper, etc.
•Please report to the awards booth after the conclusion of your match/or officiating assignment if you are an award winner so the staff may present them to your team…we encourage parents or friends to bring cameras to take team photos.
Lost & Found:
Lost items will be stowed by the Results area for pick-up.