New riddles posted every week. Did you get these right?
*Posted 5/27- *Use this link to send us your answers to the riddles
Correct answers will be posted on 6/3
- ) Amanda lives with her teenage son, Matt, in the countryside—a car ride away from Matt’s school. Every afternoon, Amanda leaves the house at the same time, drives to the school at a constant speed, picks Matt up exactly when his chess club ends at 5 p.m., and then they immediately return home together at the same constant speed. But one day, Matt isn’t feeling well, so he leaves chess practice early and starts to head home on his portable scooter.
After Matt has been scooting for an hour, Amanda comes across him in her car (on her usual route to pick him up), and they return together, arriving home 40 minutes earlier than they usually do. How much chess practice did Matt miss?
I am the pupil of an eye.
1.) There are 5 brothers in a house. All 5 brothers are busy. Jack is reading a book, Mike is painting the wall, Steve is playing chess, and Bill is doing homework. What is the fifth brother doing?
Playing chess with Steve because it is typically the only activity mentioned that takes to participants.
2.) Dad can make it 1 minutes, Mom can make it in 2 minutes, son in 4 minutes, and daughter in 5 minutes. Not more than 2 persons can go through the narrow tunnel at one time, moving at the speed of the slower one. Can they all make it to the other side, if they have a torch that only lasts 12 minutes?
First Mom and Dad will go (2)
Dad will come back with the torch (1)
Son and daughter will go (5)
Mom will come back with the torch (2)
Finally Mom and Dad will go (2)
1) You’re escaping a labyrinth, and there are three doors in front of you. The door on the left leads to a raging inferno. The door in the center leads to a deadly assassin. The door on the right leads to a lion that hasn’t eaten in three months. Which door do you choose?
The door on the right. The lion would be dead since it hasn’t eaten in 3 months.
2) You’re in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove, and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?
1) Turn me on my side and I am everything. Cut me in half and I am nothing. What am I?
The number 8
2) A farmer needs to take a fox, a chicken, and a sack of grain across a river. The only way across the river is by a small boat, which can only hold the farmer and one of the three items. Left unsupervised, the chicken will eat the grain, and the fox will eat the chicken. However, the fox won’t try to eat the grain, and neither the fox nor the chicken will wander off. How does the farmer get everything across the river?
The farmer must follow these steps:
1. Take the chicken across the river.
2. Come back with an empty boat.
3. Take the grain across the river.
4. Bring the chicken back.
5. Take the fox across the river.
6. Come back with an empty boat.
7. Take the chicken across the river.